Aug 20, 2018
2016-2017 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Psychology, Five Year Combined BA/MA - General-Experimental Specialization (2001)
|Liberal Arts Electives
These courses fulfill both college core and psychology major requirements. (6 credits)
Psychology Major Required Courses
Students must complete both of the following courses.
Students must also complete any five courses (15 Credits) selected from the list below.
Students must complete one of the courses listed below to satisfy the capstone requirement.
Graduate Courses for MA in Psychology - General Experimental Specialization
Undergraduates in the BA/MA dual degree program complete a MAXIMUM of 18 credits (6 courses) of graduate-level courses while enrolled as BA students, selected from the list below.
Required Psychology Courses for MA - Experimental Specialization
- PSY 602 - Proseminar in Personality and Social Psychology
- PSY 603 - Experimental Research Methods in Cognition
- PSY 605 - Advanced Quantitative Research Methods in Psychology
- PSY 607 - Professional Issues and Ethics in Psychology
- PSY 611 - Physiological Basis of Behavior
- PSY 622 - Advanced Life-Span Development
- PSY 623 - Stress: Affective, Cognitive, and Behavioral Component
- PSY 634 - Cognition and Learning
Elective Courses for Psychology MA - General-Experimental specialization
Electives are selected in consultation with the advisor and based on availability.
- PSY 608 - Quasi-Experimental and Non-Experimental Research Designs
- PSY 610 - Psychological Applications of Multivariate Statistics
- PSY 612 - Advanced Experimental Research Methods
- PSY 615 - Psychopathology
- PSY 616 - The Psychology of Exceptional Individuals
- PSY 617 - Health Psychology
- PSY 618 - Understanding and Treatment of Addictive Behaviors
- PSY 620 - Dynamics of Group Processes
- PSY 629 - Conflict Resolution: Theory and Practice
- PSY 646 - Survey Methodology in Industrial-Organizational Psychology (pending approval)
- PSY 649 - Personnel Psychology
Additional 18 Graduate Credits
Students must complete an additional 18 credits (6 courses selected from the list above plus the Thesis Supervision course) to satisfy MA degree requirements.
A minimum of 18 credits must be completed before departmental permission is granted for the student to enroll in the required thesis course.
- PSY 681 - Thesis Supervision
Total: 36 Credits
The MA in Psychology - General-Experimental Specialization requires 36 credits in total.